Outages

bouzywinebouzywine Member Posts: 1

I have to say I'm amazed at the number of outages. I wonder if Lightspeed is doing anything on the back end to improve their uptime. I come from an IT background and can't believe how bad this is.

5 comments

• alanlloydalanlloyd Member Posts: 48 ✭

Ditto. 20 year IT career here and now I am business owner. Broken printing this morning -- LS Hub actually thought that my Windows 10 Pro machine was Windows 7 until I installed the latest updates -- Now credit card processing problems, SUPER slow terminals, upset customers, lost sales etc. etc. Just infuriating! We are just entering the busiest time of the year and this doesn't instill much confidence!

• CCFS_ZachCCFS_Zach Member Posts: 29 ✭

I agree. We are getting close to the end of our first year with Lightspeed. It seems that it has been getting worse as of lately. Just 5 minutes of downtime is harsh. But 20-30 minutes and longer makes us regret our decision on using a cloud-based POS. Customers are getting delayed and everyone is upset.

Also, It doesn't seem like Lightspeed considers the community's opinions and suggestions. After seeing major requests on the community forums that have been ignored for years and all the downtime, it makes us want to reconsider.

• bentscbentsc Member Posts: 26

its clear that they dont.

• VD_LSVD_LS Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 796 moderator

Thank you for your feedback, your points of views are greatly apprciated. We do try to avoid these from happening as much as possible.

Some of these can come from a payment processor or the service that is used to host Retail, meaning its affect spans to other websites or services operating under their umbrella as well.

These are considered as "external" factors, which are handled by those companies when their services go down.

Of course, we understand that this can still cause frustration and are constantly working with these providers to ensure a quicker resolution, as well as mitigating as much as possible any internal issues that arise.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• petrapetra Member Posts: 3

Did anyone get an email about the new roll out for Lightspeed retail? We did not. This pass weekend was one of our busiest and all of a sudden we were unable to sell gift cards. We could a week or so ago but not this past week. Got on Lightspeed Chat and learned that I need to re-set up my gift card option for Retail. Not happy. We have only been with Lightspeed since the Tuesday after labor day and we have yet to go a week without an issue. Thought this software was stable. It is far from it