purchase order vendor id entry and cost changes

dsean14dsean14 Member Posts: 1

for at least the last year i have been able to change the cost of items on the po page very quickly - there was no delay at all going from one cost to another using ctrl v to paste. now it pauses to save each one before i can paste the next one.

every time i enter a vendor id on the po page, the page moves to the top after saving. again, for the last year i have been able to use the same copy paste process to enter vendor ids

these two changes could not be more annoying and will add tons of time to inventory entry. i have to make several hundred of these entries every week often daily during our busy season.

please change it back.

6 comments

• emacgeeemacgee Member Posts: 63 

I've noticed this as well and it is a pain. Definitely slows things down as you attempt to update POs. I'll second a request for this to revert.

It would also be nice if changing the price on a PO updated the cost for that vendor so that it loaded correctly on the next PO.

• MARY_WALTERMARY_WALTER Member Posts: 1

We've been dealing with the same thing. We often have hundreds of products on a PO and each of them need a vendor id. It makes order entry take longer than ever! Come on lightspeed!!! There are so many downfalls of this system that show they really don't understand retailers and how our workflow actually works.

• CVLSCVLS Member Posts: 18

Yes, this is definitely a massive time waster and I wish to God this wasn't reality. Please lightspeed, there HAS to be a better way. Instead of instant saving, perhaps just requiring a save button press like so many other updates in the system? Please....

• mollyomollyo Member Posts: 4

Ditto a million times on all the comments above. I used to LOVE lightspeed, now it is my nemesis.

• doi4100doi4100 Member Posts: 7

Totally agree. Make this right. Also agree with the person who mentioned changing the price on a PO updated the cost for that vendor so that it loaded correctly on the next PO.

• CVLSCVLS Member Posts: 18

Lightspeed, this is one of THE worst issues about your software. Please address these comments!