How to work with child-accounts

ChibbyChibby Member Posts: 4

The main account does not contain the data required. Instead, the data exists in multiple child accounts.

I have not been able to find a way to access this data, nor how to tell the API I wish to access the child accounts.

Is there a way to access child data from the main account (and if so, how), or must I authenticate my app with each child account separately?

3 comments

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 991 moderator

Hi @Chibby,

Thank you for contacting us.

To see the data of the child accounts, you'll need to authorize your integration to these child accounts.

Is there a way to access child data from the main account (and if so, how), or must I authenticate my app with each child account separately? With OAuth2 this isn't possible, you'll need to autorize the integration to each individual location and allowing the integration with the admin username(email) and password.

I hope this helps.

• ChibbyChibby Member Posts: 4

Hi Lucien,

Please excuse the delay. Thank you for your response. This changes things for our implementation, but it is good to know going forward.

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 991 moderator

Hi @Chibby,

Okay perfect!