Creating my own gift-cards and UPC's

sfactor503sfactor503 Member Posts: 4

Hi there,

We do not sell enough gift cards to invest in plastic ones and personally, I hate plastic ones. I create my own gift cards and would like to create UPC's that I can attach to the cards to easily scan when selling and I'd like to print from to my Zebra printer - 100-200 at a time.

I need help understanding the following:

1) UPC rules for this staring with a 4 and ending with another static #. (how many digits does this need?)

2) How to. print the stickers on the Zebra ZD410 from an excel / google sheet file (anyone have a link for this?)

3) Workarounds for selling via my shopify when customers want to buy something online.

Thank you community!

2 comments

• OnlineDistributeurOnlineDistributeur Member Posts: 22

1 & 2: I would buy these codes online for example (https://www.eankopen.nl/) this is a Dutch site but here you can buy the codes (including the images) that work with the printers.

3) Not 100% sure how shopify works, but I assume you can use discount codes. So for each card you sell, you make a discount code with the UPC code.

• SarahQSarahQ Member Posts: 3

Have you figured out how to do this? I'd love some instructions if it's worked for you.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around the whole thing. Do you input the gift cards as an inventory item with the created UPC at the time of sale?