Default Size Out of Stock Online

EvelyneEvelyne Posts: 3Member
I have a suggestion for matrices displayed online. When a certain size sells out that is set as default, it would be a nice feature for the next available size to automatically be set as the new default so when a customer clicks on that item an "out of stock" note wouldn't be the first thing they see. This could potentially be confusing as people may not know they're able to select another size.

At the same time, if only one size remains in a matrix and all other sizes are removed from ecom, the size menu disappears, thus leaving the last remaining size unidentified. One would have to add to the description what size is remaining.

4 comments

• JLC1990JLC1990 Posts: 23Moderator, Lightspeed Staff moderator
    Hey @Evelyne

That feature does exist within eCom. For that you would need to go to Settings > Workflow and then you will want to switch "Enable default variant substitution". there forward, whenever your default runs out, the next highest in stock selling variant will be switch in and shown first. 

I hope that helps!

Cheers!,

Jordan L-C
    Lightspeed Retail Support
    Lightspeed HQ
  • EvelyneEvelyne Posts: 3Member
    Thank you, this helps. It would still be nice to have a last size displayed as well.
  • pocomilitarypocomilitary Posts: 1Member
    edited August 2018
    I have the same issue as Evelyne, but I already had that workflow option clicked as advised to do when it first became available. Please help
  • JoeyJoey Posts: 169Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff moderator
    @pocomilitary After the option is enabled it will be applied to new products or products that have been saved recently.

Also, products that have back-orders enabled or are non-invenoried will not switch default variant because they are still available for purchase.

Please let me know if the above does not apply and you still have an issue, in that case I will create a support ticket for you and have a look at your shop.

eCom Support Team
    Lightspeed HQ