Combo Menu

Hello,

Is there an easy and fast way to order a combo menu?
For example, I have a combo menu where you have to possibility to choose between 2 starters, 2 main courses and 2 deserts.
A table of 4 wants to order that menu, but a few want Starter A, other Starter B, etc etc.
At the moment, I have to book each menu seperataly. I can't start to order all the startes for that table, and then all the main courses with each a different choice.

3 comments

• GregGreg Posts: 2Moderator, Lightspeed Staff moderator
    edited October 2018
    Hello Basiel,

You are able to select the different elements of the combo and send to the kitchen/bar. In your example, you would select the starters for each person and send to the kitchen.   You will then see "not chosen" on the order screen.   Selecting this will bring up the combo menu allowing you to select the next order. Only the remaining choices will be shown, so in this case, you will then see Main courses and desserts.
    For combos, each part must have a choice whether the client is having the item or not so you may want to have one of the choices in each selection in the combo be "no selection".   As a note, there are support articles at https://resto-support.lightspeedhq.com/hc/en-us and you are able to contact us 24/7 at 1-800-907-1801 
  • basielbasiel Posts: 20Member
    Hello Greg,

Thank you for your comment. My issue is more what to do when each person wants a differant dish.
    So when the 4 persons want a combo menu, but each of them with a different dish.
    When I select 4 combo menu's, I can only select 1 starter, 1 main course and 1 desert.
    I can split this later on, but is there now way to do this directly ?

• GregGreg Posts: 2Moderator, Lightspeed Staff moderator
    Hello Basiel

The different elements of the combo can be selected individually.  Splitting the 4 combos across 4 seats might make it easier to understand.  Once this is done you will see that each course in a combo is available to each seat.  Selecting the first course for each seat and sending to the kitchen will leave only the remaining courses when the combos are selected for the next choice.  The items on each seat do not need to be the same.