Combine 2 physical stores with one ecom

jonassmetsjonassmets Member Posts: 17
Hi All,

I'm a Lightspeed retail user for over a year now. I think there is a long way to go before the retail software fits all my needs, but its a start.
I have 2 shops. A new smaller one and a bigger "main" one. I use Lightspeed Retail in the smaller shop because I could start with a clean slate, no previous stock, no costumers etc. The big shop runs on some older branche dedicated software.
I'm running an online shop true Spree Commerce which for the moment is linked to the inventory of the "main" big shop. 
As Spree Commerce is out dated and very difficult to maintain I'm thinking about a switch to Lightspeed ecom.

As the Work Order module in Lightspeed Retail isn't good enough for what we need, I'm holding back on moving the big shop to Lightspeed Retail until I found a solution or a workaround for the work order module.   

It's important that the inventory of the webshop is linked to that of the big shop (inventory is 10x the one of the small shop and it has +30 brands). 

As far as I understand its impossible to add the inventory of 2 shops to 1 ecom (which is very strange for a solution stating that its the perfect omni-channel). when every thing is set up the way I want it to, I want costumers to be able to see in which shop an item is in stock, so in the end the ecom should be connected to the 2 shops.

But for now I have to make the choose to create a ecom connected to the small shop and work with some custom workaround to get the inventory of the big shop shown.
Or create a stand alone ecom? And just import stock from the big shop. And maybe when Lightspeed has all his affairs in order I can just move the standalone shop to the retail environment with the 2 shops attached? Or would it be impossible to attach the 2 shops to a running ecom after? 

Its probably a very unclear explanation... But I hope someone could help me pointing out the benefits of a stand alone ecom? Or what would be a problem when I have to move from a stand alone ecom to the connected omni-channel sollution with 2 shops?

Kind regads,
Jonas

3 comments

• JoeyJoey Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 198 moderator
    Hi Jonas,
    It is correct that only one Retail location can be connected to a single eCom shop. There is a third party integration (By @AdVision) that allows for a multi store integration and automatically moving stock around.
    Lightspeed eCom can also be used standalone and stock can be imported using CSV or by utilizing the eCom API. However, I would not recommend using imports due to the amount of work involved and the possibility for mistakes. A custom integration could be possible to sync multiple Retail inventory with the eCom inventory but this involves connecting both (Retail and eCom) API's together. Also, a standalone shop can not (at this moment) be connected to a Retail location.
    We are working hard on integrating more aspects of both the Retail and eCom platforms together. Multishop would be a great feature but due to the amount of work involved it will not be available any time soon.
    Hope this clarifies the situation!
    eCom Support Team
    Lightspeed HQ
  • jonassmetsjonassmets Member Posts: 17

Thanks for the comments! But as Lightspeed is promoting itself als the best Omnichannel solution, pointing us to third party options which cost a lot of money every time we need something is not really helping. Sure Advision has the solution, and it will be great, I worked with them before to customizing receipts (also something that should be standard in LS Retail but isn't). But if I have to contact them every time I need something? Why choose for Lightspeed Retail as a omnichannel?

• MOSCMOSC Member Posts: 10

I agree a native Lightspeed solution is needed for drawing inventory from multiple shops into eCom.

We have tried using third parties in the past to accomplish this (Accumula with a Shopify storefront and Modern Retail's middleware on a WooCommerce storefront) and the product pushing throttling by LS basically crippled the process. (We are in outdoor retail and as a result have a massive number of products, variants, brands, and other data that severely challenge product pushing. I often have to call support to un-stick the sync and restart it manually.)