eCom to Woocommerce

Hello

I have this problem:

We used to have Lightspeed Retail (POS) and Lightspeed eCom.

We have to change our system.

So we replaced our POS with a new system, for this we exported all inventory from Retail to new POS system.

New webshop is a Woocommerce.

Now I want to export all my product from lightspeed eCom to Woo - and then set up a integration ( this already exists) between Woo and our new POS. This way all our inventory, sales etc will be sync.

Reason I want to export my eCom to Woo is to keep all product descriptions, images etc.

Problem is that Lightspeed Retail and eCom have no common product identifier such as a product ID, article number etc. So that way the integration between Woo and new POS will not work.

I can't find any Product ID in a eCom export that matches a identifier in Retail.

Hope this was understandable.

Is there any solution to this?

BR

Sebastian

3 comments

• JoeyJoey Posts: 177Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff moderator

Sorry to hear you're leaving Lightspeed! I've looked up your information and I'm going to make sure our support team reaches out with a solution.

eCom Support Team
    Lightspeed HQ
  • Sebastian KartfjordSebastian Kartfjord Posts: 2Member

Im sorry too. But LS is not approved by Norwegian law.... :(

• tblessing4tblessing4 Posts: 1Member
    edited April 13

Are you saying that you cannot export the product ID -- or any identifier? If so, you could stripe your data with an ID exported from LS into excel by adding a column that you imported --then make sure the records are sorted by a key field in both systems like a Last name, etc and then take the combined data and import it into WC -I have had to do this before and in some cases manually on each record. We went from Woocommerce in another application to LS -- but have considered going back to our key system if LS continues to cost so much. I appreciate the folks who work hard for LS, but it's very expensive for a small operation and when a board runs the operation can be out of my hands as the Executive Dir, if the org chooses. I am curious how a country can limit a product this day in age and curious about why this is not allowed in your country?