Dymo Label Printer

LouiseJLouiseJ Member Posts: 1

Anyone using the dymo label printer with lightspeed?

7 comments

• culturedclothsculturedcloths Member Posts: 1

Is this an option? If not, it needs to be added - Zebra drops the connection on my imac constantly - wont connect - browser print issues..

• roberto_panseraroberto_pansera Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 49 moderator

Hey @culturedcloths ,

I opened a ticket on support to check what is happening with your printer.

Regards,

Roberto

• roberto_panseraroberto_pansera Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 49 moderator

Hey!

Although the DYMO label printer is not supported, doesn't mean that will not work. You will need to customize the print template to fit the label size you are using on the DYMO. The support teams will not be able to help you with this task. If you need to customize the template, you can check these links below.

Regards,

Roberto

• gregaricangregarican Member Posts: 683 

We too have run into sporadic Lightspeed POS connectivity issues between the iPads and the Bluetooth receipt printers. Usually this is due to the equipment being left powered on for extended periods of time.

As a rule now, we have operators power off everything at the end of the day. Then power everything back on the start of the next day. Even then, if things are left idle for awhile there can be connectivity loss. The fix for that seems to be power cycling the Bluetooth receipt printer again.

When it comes to the Zebra ZD410 label printer for the product tags, we have these connected via USB to a PC workstation. There are cases where the Zebra BrowserPrint program "forgets" (for lack of a better term) the default device, the accepted hosts, etc. So the operator has to go back in really set things up from scratch so things are connected again. Accepting the localhost connection through a web browser and whatnot.

• RetroRevRetroRev Member Posts: 10

I just tried using a Dymo. Spent three hours trying to get it to print right. Finally said screw it and threw it back in the box and will be sending it back. Unfortunatly the printer works very well. The restraints that lightspeed has put on label sizes and settings is the real issue. I dont understand why they have to controll every aspect of the label and they cant let them be formatted on our end via whatever means we choose.

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 582 moderator

Hey @RetroRev ,

We understand the frustration of wanting to get a specific label printer to work that isn't officially supported by frontline.

Be mindful that if your label printer is working with gapless labels that have the sizes supported by Lightspeed (2.25x1.25 / 2.00x1.00 / 1.25x1.00 or 2.25x050), then you should, realistically, be able to print using any label printer with custom printing (not browser print). For further assistance, it may be best to reach out to the manufacturer of the printer.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• gnavarroargnavarroar Member Posts: 1

Hi

I just get a Brother QL800 label printer and would love to know if it will works with lightspeed

does anyone ever try it with this model ?

here’s manufacturer specs on labels size

https://support.brother.com/g/b/sp/colist.aspx?c=mx&lang=es&prod=lpql800eus&cao=roll